Find about open positions in BioMixing
Chief Operating OfficerApply
BioMixing was born as a spin off from the University of Seville with the objective to develop and commercialise highly efficient bioreactors in the biotech and pharma industries.
The team has more than 20 years of previous experience on fluid mechanics and on the design of industrial equipment in other industries with our own Intellectual Property. Innovation is the focus of all BioMixing activities.
BioMixing is a deep-tech engineering-driven company that addresses key issues in in the chemical and biotech industry. We do this through our (patent-pending) breakthrough technologies, paying special attention to two key sectors that have experimented an impressive growth in the last few years: the food biotech and health sectors.
Our trade-mark has always been a strong R&D. We are focused on bioreactors’ efficiency, transforming the way of producing biological components by accelerating its production, improving the quality of the culture and reducing energy consumption.
We are driven to reduce time-to-patient in many treatments, such as vaccines or personalised cancer treatments, through a cutting-edge technology and we make our part in helping find food alternatives. We have always been committed to innovation and sustainability, and we do our bit to reduce CO2 emissions as our technology helps to reduce energy consumption.
We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer to join the executive leadership team. You need to show initiative and to be capable to work autonomously. You need to be passionate for biotech processes and possess a great knowledge of the market and competition. With your skills, experience and initiative, you will help BioMixing to grow.
- MSc or PhD in Biotechnology, Bio-engineering, Biochemistry or similar
- Knowledge of bioprocesses, specifically on biological culture growth
- +3 years of experience in biotech companies and ideally in bioreactors
- Demonstrable track record in project management with a high level of scientific & commercial impact through an industrial setting
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (C1 level)
- Excellent analytical, organisational, public speaking, and multi-tasking skills, as well as the ability to interact and collaborate successfully with all levels and functional areas
Tasks to perform
- Project management (in biotechnology)
- Relationship with suppliers/clients
- Project applications
- Business development & growth
What we offer
We are a young company with great potential. We offer a position with huge opportunities of continuing in the long term and great possibilities of participating in the business through stock options. Good salary package and benefits. We offer you the challenging task of scaling up the business, so… your success will be our success!
We treat all applicants equally regardless of race, gender, nationality, religion or age.